Our History

Fairview Baptist had its beginning in two other church bodies: East Sweetwater Baptist, which was established out of a community church, in 1928, and Fairview Tabernacle, which was organized on June 2, 1940 out of East Sweetwater. On August 2, 1949, these two bodies united to become Fairview Baptist Tabernacle Church. Fairview today owes a great debt to both former bodies.
Fairview moved into a new sanctuary in November, 1999, with the building debt being retired on April 2010.
The construction of a new Multi-use Facility (our Family Life Center) began July, 2010 with the church being able to start to enjoy it on July, 2011.
We praise God for His guidance & blessings bestowed on Fairview!